Monday, April 18, 2011

Summary of week 4-11 through 4-17

Wow what a week!! I was able to get on the bike five times this week, with three being really worthwhile workouts and two going out with Ryan for short jaunts around the neighborhood. Here are the results in total from a great week workout wise:

  • 4-11-11 - 7.51 miles in 41:21
  • 4-13-11 - 8.9 miles in 45:28
  • 4-14-11 - 7.77 miles in 43:08
  • 4-16-11 - 4.5 miles
  • 4-17-11 - 5.68 miles
  • 4-17-11 - 2 hours of full court basketball
Total miles on the bike for the week : 34.36!!

Total time working out : 129 minutes of hard working out on bike, 105 minutes of casual riding with Ryan over the weekend and 120 minutes of full court hoops last night.

If I can keep this up, I should be down into the low 170's (Lbs.) in no time!!

On a serious note, my continuation from my intentions post will be short and less than sweet. When I was out last Thursday night I had an individual put a scare into me with him playing chicken with my biking etc. I then witnessed a car driving excessively fast around our neighborhood circle, one that I was 10 seconds from entering on my extended last loop, and jump a curb, nearly hit a man walking and then come to a stop with a blown right front tire. Now again it would almost be conceivable if these two incidents were related by it being the same car/driver. But they were very much two different cars and drivers. All I can say is that my internal radar has risen when I'm going to be out at night with these idiots in and around my immediate neighborhood.

The events that happened in North Carolina on Saturday, April 16, 2011 due to ferocious weather can only be described in one word: devastating. We had been told for days about the threat of severe weather on Saturday afternoon. But as is typically the case around here, everyone's heard it before about this warning and that warning. Well Saturday was one of those rare occurrences where the meteorologists in our area got it right. We actually saw live coverage of a tornado enter downtown Raleigh on TV before our power went out as the thing headed towards our neighborhood. All I can say is that by the grace of God, our neighborhood was spared significant damage. The same can not be said as just three miles East of our home it looks as if a bomb was dropped on a subdivision off of Forestville Road. Until you actually see what these things do to trees, houses, both mobile and single family, and everything else in its path, it's really hard to describe. There is so much randomness in a tornado's path where one house can be destroyed and the one right next to it almost completely untouched. As of this post, 22 people lost their lives on Saturday in what will go down as the deadliest day due to weather in North Carolina's history.


No comments:

Post a Comment