Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Monday Night Update

I got after it last night on my bike workout. After riding casually over the weekend with Ryan, and playing hoops for two hours on Sunday night, I was curious to see how my legs were going to respond if I really pushed them.

I was pleasantly surprised that they were fine throughout the entire time I was on the bike. Multiple factors may have been in play last night for feeling the way I did:

  • A light dinner of chicken over salad served brilliantly by my wife.
  • Perfect weather. If only I could bottle this stuff up and save it for the next five months I'd be all set. As in anyone can workout when it's in the low 60's or 70's with no humidity but once it's in the upper 80's with 65-70% humidity at night, that's when I'm really going to be put to the test.
  • A Blood Sugar reading of right around 100 as I started out.
  • No idiot cars, or dogs to contend with on the ride.
All in all it was a great night out and I'm hopeful to get one more in later tonight as I'll probably take Wednesday off as a rest day and also because of the threat of approaching storms after work.

Results of the ride:

  • Total time on bike - 44 minutes
  • Total miles ridden - 8.2
The only thing that's depressing about the above time and mileage is this. The guy that won the Boston Marathon yesterday ran 26.2 miles in 2:03:02!! If you multiple my time out to his time, I'm still well short of 26.2 miles!! It's phenomenal to think about that especially when I think I'm going sooooo fast on my bike!!

No comments:

Post a Comment