Monday, April 25, 2011

Results of week 4-18-11 through 4-24-11

Tour de France 2011 here I come!!

Well I've got to tell you, I impressed myself this past week. From Monday to Sunday I was able to get out on Goose six times, with only Tuesday being the day I took off due to an episode with my Type 1 Diabetes. But six workouts of varying degrees, or five in reality but more on that later, was just an outstanding week. Having an extra "day" to workout, as in having Good Friday off, really did help out. There truly is nothing like a bike workout in the day to increase both mileage and time when all of your senses are working in cohesion. I've already talked about my rides from Monday and Wednesday in my last two posts, but I'll include them below only in a very small recap as I'd like to include greater details on my rides from Thursday through Sunday. So without any further hesitation, the epic week that was:

  • Monday: 4-18-11 - 8.2 miles ridden in 44 minutes.
  • Wednesday: 4-20-11 - 7.8 miles ridden in 40:22.
  • Thursday: 4-21-11 - I got out later than anticipated, but I knew I was going to have to keep it relatively short as I wanted to push it hard on my day off from work on Friday. I covered 7.01 miles in 36:15 and was happy just to have gotten out.
  • Friday: 4-22-11 - I rode for the longest time possible in ideal conditions. It was unseasonably cool which was just outstanding as I got out in the early afternoon. I rode for 12.55 miles in 62 minutes which eclipsed both time and mileage records to date. All in all I felt great and was glad that I pushed myself over the hour barrier.
  • Saturday: 4-23-11 - Ryan wanted to go out with me so I figured I'd at least get out on the bike and keep my legs loose while not exerting to much wear and tear on them after yesterday's rather lengthy ride. Well we rode for 10.04 miles over 72 minutes. He really wanted to see if he could ride for 10 miles so I was only happy to help him accomplish his goal.
  • Sunday: 4-24-11 - Easter Sunday had us getting up at 5:15 AM for the Sunrise service at our church which was really cool. The only problem with that is it throws off everything you normally do schedule wise. Throw in an Easter feast at my parents house at high noon and I was really questioning my ride for later in the afternoon especially since we canceled basketball at the church due to the Easter holiday. Well I finally got out at 4:30 PM and it was the hottest it's been for any ride to date. I made it around my loops for 11.75 miles in right at 55 minutes.
When you add up my mileage and time on the bike for the week, it boggles my mind:

Six rides totaling 57.38 miles in 5 hours and nine minutes!!!!!!!!

If I'm able to keep this pace up, I'll wonder why I didn't get a bike sooner!!

Things I still need to work on however are my diet and how all of this new found exercise affects my swings from high Blood Sugars to low Blood Sugars. The ever delicate balance of exercise and Type 1 Diabetes continues tonight with a relatively short ride

No comments:

Post a Comment