Friday, July 22, 2011

Week in Review 7-13-11 through 7-20-11

Hey, summer's here!!!!!!!!!!

In case you didn't know, it's hot outside. Not only is it hot, but that other nasty "H" word has crept its way into every weather sentence issued locally as well, Humid!!

While I really don't mind either one for long stretches of time when I'm outside doing something, my Type 1 Diabetes sure does seem to mind. I always seem to be in a good zone Blood Sugar wise prior to leaving the house for exercise, but when I return I seem to have more crazy lows than when the weather is in a more comfortable range. Can the hot weather really affect you that much more than when it's nice out?

Anyway, my four results from last week are as follows:

  • 7-14-11: 3.46 miles in 32:06
  • 7-16-11: 4.03 miles in 37:00
  • 7-17-11: 2 hours of full court hoops
  • 7-19-11: 3.12 miles in 28:30
The good news is I ran 10.61 miles in a little more than 1 1/2 hours and played basketball for two hours. The other good news is that I'm still not experiencing any pain in my left knee which makes running all the more tolerable.

The bad news is that I still need to go and get Goose repaired. He just sits in the garage and stares at me every time I take the trash out!! Well I'm going this Saturday afternoon to the Sears repair store and get him fixed after I play in the Greater Raleigh Wiffle Ball World Series. It should be a blast all the way around and I'm really looking forward to helping out a great cause at the Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke.

Stay cool and have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment