Monday, May 16, 2011

Week in Review: 5-9-11 through 5-15-11

Well, the first four work days of the week got off to a great start. But then the identical twins, Low and High Blood Sugar, did me in for what would have been a seventh consecutive day of riding early Friday morning. After my ride Thursday night I got the craving for food and juice after experiencing a post ride low. Well as you can probably guess, I over did it. Shocking I know!! So the resulting low led me to over treat, and I woke up Friday morning with a number that I hadn't seen in quite some time. Now I'm doing my best to really lower my A1C before my next Endo appointment on June 1st, but I had been pretty good with only treating lows in a good kind of way by not over doing it. But Thursday night I completely fell off the wagon. I really wanted to get five rides in during the work week because I knew I wasn't going to be able to get in my "long" ride of the week due to the fact that I was going down to the beach for 24 hours, leaving Friday night and coming back home Saturday night. So anyway, I was moderately pissed at myself for letting temptation get the best of me this past Thursday night. So without any further ado, my results from an active week.

  • Mon. - 5-9: 10.47 miles in 47 minutes
  • Tue. - 5-10: 10.50 miles in 47 minutes
  • Wed. - 5-11: 6.36 miles in 27 minutes. This was my speed workout of the week done over lunchtime under very humid conditions
  • Thur. - 5-12: 10.01 miles in 46.30 minutes
  • Sun. - 5-14: 8.75 miles in 44 minutes. Took it relatively easy after two days off and because I was going to play basketball at night which I did.
Overall riding results for the week: 46.09 miles ridden in 3 1/2 hours. Plus an additional two hours of full court basketball Sunday evening at church. All in all a good workout week. Very thankful for having the ability to spend 24 hours down in Emerald Isle with my men's bible study group from WFPC where we conducted our year end study and got a chance to play 18 holes of golf with a fun group of guys.

As always, Type 1 Diabetes has been my main focus on this new found exercise regiment. I'm slowly but surely getting a better sense of how my body reacts after some intense workouts and in the end, this will help lower my A1C number to a more normal level/percentage.

No comments:

Post a Comment