Monday, May 9, 2011

Week in Review 5-2-11 through 5-8-11

This week did not start off as I had anticipated due to a few variables that I was unable to overcome. First off, I wanted to get out on Monday but the low Blood Sugar monster reared its ugly head and left me completely incapacitated. Then weather and laziness, the low Blood Sugar's evil first cousins, did me in collectively on Thursday and Friday. So I'm not going to complain or offer excuses. I'm going to be honest and say I've got to do better about controlling two out of the three problems listed above. Because you really can't control the weather. With that being said, here's my rundown from this past week:

  • Tuesday, May 3rd - I got out late and felt good despite taking the day off yesterday. I got around my loops for a total of 9.1 miles in 42 minutes.
  • Wednesday, May 4th - Tonight I got out early, as in it was still light out when I left and for nearly all of the three loops I went around the neighborhood. This going forward is the answer both time wise and length wise as I've needed to increase both since I've now had a month on the bike and I need to have longer rides for greater distances during my night rides. Totals for the night were 10.55 miles in 49 minutes.
  • Saturday, May 7th - The big ride of the week. This took place because of two things. Anger at myself for having missed both riding days on Thursday and Friday, and stress/anger issues coming from my house. There's nothing better than being able to get on a bike and push you limits because of stress. It was a great ride for both mileage and time. Totals were 14.03 miles in a brisk 65 minutes.
  • Sunday, May 8th - Ryan and I got out on Mother's Day and rode to places we'd never been to before on our bikes. It's always fun to go out and see things you only ever pass by in a car. It's also pretty funny how often you don't realize how the grade in the road changes when you're actually doing the work and not your car!! We rode for 8.5 miles in right around 60 minutes.
Totals for the abbreviated week: 42.18 miles in a little more than 3 1/2 hours.

Also, there was no basketball played this week due to odds and ends around the house after our Mother's Day dinner festivities.

My plans this week are to ride every day during the work week as I'll be heading down to the beach on Friday night with my WFPC Bible Study Group and won't be home until Saturday night. This is going to force me to get up early and ride two mornings this week on both Wednesday and Friday. Keeping my Blood Sugar under control will be at a premium this week to accomplish my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment