Monday, May 23, 2011

Week in Review: 5-16-11 through 5-22-11

Wow!! What a workout week!!

Starting on Monday this week I told myself that I was not going to let the two main monsters in my life, Low Blood Sugar and Laziness, ruin a perfect week of going seven for seven on Goose. Well I got seven rides in this week, but Tuesday's ride was compromised greatly by the two main monster's diabolical first cousin, weather. I thought I was in the clear on Tuesday night when, after getting the kids down to bed and getting other things organized, I checked the radar only to find a small window of opportunity in which to ride. Well one thing led to another and by the time I got out, the rain was pelting the south side of my neighborhood at a good clip and showed no sign of ending. I made it out for all of five minutes and rode for a whopping 1.11 miles on a very rain slicked road. Not much fun at all!! But I'm glad to say that I kept the other two monsters at bay the other nights of the week and put up some impressive totals for a full week despite Tuesday's performance. Results from the week:

  • Monday 5-16: 10.41 miles in 50 minutes
  • Tuesday 5-17: 1.11 miles in 5 minutes
  • Wednesday 5-18: 10.41 miles in 49:30 minutes
  • Thursday 5-19: 8.15 miles in 39:33 minutes
  • Friday 5-20: 9.18 miles in 40:25 minutes
  • Saturday 5-21: 14.3 miles in 66 minutes
  • Sunday 5-22: 10.01 miles in 61 easy minutes
Amazing totals for me for the week were 63.57 miles in nearly 5 hours and 15 minutes!!!!!!!!!

On top of all of that, I actually got out last night and played two hours of full court basketball up at the church with the guys!! So slightly more than 7 hours of exercise for the entire 7 days of the week!!

I've got one week and two days before my next Endo appointment over at Duke on June 1st. Again, the goal is to have a much reduced A1C number than my last appointment which came in at 7.2%. With proper maintenance of my workout schedule and a better eating plan, I know I'm headed in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment