Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Change is Coming.........

Just wanted to let you know that change is coming both to this blog and professionally as well.

A couple of quick updates:

  • On the Type 1 Diabetes front, my most recent A1C on September 1st that I was punishing myself to achieve a better reading came in at a very good 7.1%!! In looking back over my numbers over the past 10 years, including the years I was on my Insulin pump, it matched my lowest A1C ever!! I don't need to tell you, but hard work and persistence always pays off in the end.
  • With regards to the 5K Buddy Run in Wake Forest that I participated in back on September 16th, I set a goal of completing the race in under 25:00. We were fortunate to have caught a bluebird in that they weather was perfect for the race, only 60 degrees and dry, after a scorching week of temperatures and thunderstorms leading up to race day. I started out with a good pace and maintained it throughout the middle of the race, and only really struggled right at the end due to the nearly quarter mile hill at the very end. But as the finish line came in clear sight with the electronic timer above, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was going to eclipse my goal by more than a minute. I crossed the line in 23:49 and can honestly say that I was pleased with my results. There's something about running with/against other people that always gets my competitive juices flowing. After more than 25 years since my last race, I can assure you that my next race will come considerably sooner than that!!
  • More updates and changes coming soon, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment